|//Notice for Credit Card Payment
- For Online transactions with credit card payment, the credit card holder must go through credit card verification before travel. The passenger will encounter denial of boarding at the airport or have to buy another ticket for the booking if the required verification has not been properly completed.
- A.The procedure of credit card verification is as follows:
1.Passengers who paid for travel for themselves and travel companions (passengers in the same booking) with their own credit card, can process the verification at the airport check-in counter by presenting the credit card that was originally used for the corresponding purchase.
(If the name on the credit card is different from the name in the booking record, the credit card verification should be processed according to number 2.)
2.If the credit card holder is not part of the travel party, he or she must process the verification in one of following ways:
(1) Visit a China Airlines city office at least 48 hours before travel during business hours. All necessary documents (please see B, Required Documents) must be prepared beforehand including the credit card used for the purchase. This credit card holder must sign an “Indemnity of Payment” in front of a China Airlines staff.
(2) Process the verification at the airport during the check-in period for the initial flight on the itinerary. All necessary documents (please see B, Required Documents) must be prepared beforehand including the credit card used for the purchase. This credit card holder must sign an “Indemnity of Payment” in front of a China Airlines airport staff.
(In view of the time limit during airport check-in, and because check-in may be handled by contracted airlines that may not be familiar with such practices, may we suggest that you contact China Airlines in advance to make sure someone is available to help at the airport.)
- B.Required Documents
The following documents must be prepared for credit card verification:
1.The credit card originally used for the corresponding purchase.
2.An eligible photo ID that carries the same name as the credit card for verification.
3.The Confirmation E-mail of the transaction that was e-mailed to the passenger after the purchase was completed.
4.An “Indemnity of Payment” with transaction information that was e-mailed to the passenger following the Confirmation E-mail.
- C.For a transaction under US$5,000, the credit card holder may process the verification by Fax (excluded To/From the Philippines). The procedure is as follows:
(1)The credit card holder must call a China Airlines city office at least 48 hours before the first flight departure during business hours in order to obtain the correct fax number.
(2)All required documents, along with a copy of two sides of the credit card and the signed “Indemnity of Payment ” must be faxed to the designated fax number.
(3)The credit card holder must call to confirm all documents are properly received.
(4)To confirm the completion of verification, the credit card holder will receive a signed “Indemnity of Payment ”with a date stamp and handling office code on it, or some office may use e-mail or text message instead to notify the completion of verification.
- D.Other Reminder
Please complete the above credit card verification first in case you want to change dates/flights.